Project : Evaluation of two budget support programmes
Evaluation of to budget support programmes- Financing Agreements between the European Union and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan :
1. Sindh Education Sector Support Programme ACA / 2011 / 023-009"
2. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Education Sector Plan Support Programme (KP-ESPSP) ACA / 2013 / 024-616
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders with :
In particular, this evaluation aims at :
1. assessing to what extent the Sector Budget Support Programmes have achieved their expected results, notably through contributing to the implementation of the partner provincial governments' sector strategies reflected in their Education Sector Plans by providing opportunities for the improvement of sector policy processes and policy implementation.
2. analysing how the budget support programmes have contributed (or not) to strengthen Public Financial Management (PFM) systems, including improved transparency within government systems, improved Domestic Revenues Mobilisation and stronger accountability.
3. being attentive also to other aid modalities (basket / common funds, projects), in order to assess the complementarity and synergy (or discrepancy) of these modalities with budget support.
4. assessing the effects of the budget support operation on the M&E systems in the sectors supported by the programme. Budget support should aim to strengthen the monitoring systems in the sectors it supports, in alignment with the existing national level monitoring and evaluation systems and contribute to the improved availability and credibility of data.
Project's indicative starting date : December 2019
Project's duration : 120 days
Language skills of the team
Input required : Team Leader :
Team Leader :
Input : not less than 120 days; minimum of 80 on the field.
Input : not less than 60 days
Locations of assignment
The assignment will take place in Islamabad, Karachi and Peshawar with further field visits of other districts of Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.