We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for creating, managing, maintaining and monitoring cloud, on-premise and/or data-center infrastructure for a range of projects and products.
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is the fastest growing technology company in the region that develops and invests in products and solutions that simplify and improve lives of people world-wide. We aspire to create a technology organization and an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that are recognized as second to none in the world.
- Setting up development, staging and production environments
- Creating and managing deployment environments hosted on SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS and Servers (VMs, physical hosts)
- Understanding of Blue-Green & Canary deployments
- Setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, GITLab CI/CD, CodeDeploy or any other CI/CD tool
- Able to write pipelines in Shell and/or Python
- Setting up and managing Artifactory repository for Docker, Maven, Gradle, NPM modules, etc.
- Understanding of SSO, LDAP, or other CAS (Central Authentication Service) tools
- Setting up and managing HAProxy, Keepalived, Heartbeat, Nginx, Apache, ELB, etc. as webservers and load balancers/proxy server
- Setting up and managing MEAN/MERN stack containerized environments
- Able to automate infrastructure provisioning using Terraform and AWS Cloudformation
- Able to automate configuration management using Ansible and/or Chef
- Setting up and managing MySQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Setting up and managing database replication and backup and failover
- Monitoring the application’s running on development, UAT and QA, and production environments
- Setting up and managing application and infrastructure monitoring tools like Zabbix, Sensu, Nagios, Prometheus, Icinga, Grafana.
- Understanding of log aggregation using ELK/EFK stack
- Handling and troubleshooting incidents, providing quick resolution maintaining SLA/SLO
- Creating playbooks and documenting deployment steps and processes
- Securing platforms hosting mission critical applications and systems
- Bachelors in Computer Sciences
- 7-8 years of experience
- Certification in Linux / Unix and AWS / GCP will be considered a plus
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Windows and Linux OS and shell scripting
- Configuring Firewalls, security groups and WAF (Web Application Firewalls)
- Configuration management: Ansible or Chef
- Orchestration using Terraform and/or Cloudformation
- GITLab CI/CD / Jenkins / CodeDeploy or any other similar tool
- Redis / Memcached / Influx.
- MySQL / MariaDB / Oracle / PostgreSQL / RDS
- Understanding of Kubernetes / Docker / Mesos
- Apache / Nginx / HAProxy
- Should be expert in Kubernetes and AWS
- Kubernetes certifications preferred: CKA or CKAD
- Good understanding of any of these cloud platforms and their eco-systems: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Good communication skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- A good team player
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you
…are intellectually smart and curious
…have the passion for and take pride in your work
…deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
…have a no-frills attitude
…are a collaborative team player
…are ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and solutions that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. Not only will your work reach millions of users world-wide, you will also be rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us ... we're having a ball!
Powered by JazzHR