WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and / or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title Driver Grade GS-2 Contract Type Fixed Term Duty Station Peshawar, Pakistan Duration One Year
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani nationals only. Deadline for applications is 23rd January 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and / or commodities.
The position holder is based at Peshawar Office reporting to Business Support Assistant (Transport)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from / to the local language, and / or delivery of various items / commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
3. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
4. Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
5. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and / or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
6. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery / collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of Secondary School Education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license / certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Language : Fluency in English and Urdu is required. Knowledge of local language is added advantage.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE &SKILLS
Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorized vehicles.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme.
WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination.
All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.