To manage a range of warehouse activities including safeguarding of commodities and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
2. Contribute to review of WFP corporate warehouse standards and procedures, to support efficiency and changing business needs.
3. Coordinate the receipt / dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
4. Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
5. Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and WFP standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
6. Supervise preparation and / or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
7. Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following WFP established procedures.
8. Review on periodic basis warehouse space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
9. Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse services.
10. Identify training needs and efficiently plan trainings, to ensure that all staff have required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
11. Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standards.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization
Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt
Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
Information Management & Reporting
Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution
Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination
Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
reliable working environment.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Minimum 5 to 6 years of experience in warehouse management.
Working experience of SAP is an added advantage.