We are looking for a self-driven Lead Software Engineer (Java) who is excited to learn and improve his/her skillset in the ever-evolving world of Java.
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is the fastest growing technology company in the region that develops and invests in products and solutions that simplify and improve lives of people world-wide. We aspire to create a technology organization and an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that are recognized as second to none in the world.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Ensure adherence to engineering processes such as code reviews, source control, and unit testing, use case analysis, defect management, continuous integration, and deployment
- Work closely with the Project Managers in providing technical solutions and innovative ideas to cater to project needs
- Develop existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Responsible for the development of new programs analyzes current programs and processes and making recommendations that yield a more cost-effective product
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management
- Supports teams by developing documentation and assistance tools
- BS/MS degree in Computer Sciences
- 6+ years of experience as back end developer
- Good knowledge of Core JAVA, OOP and Data structures
- Extensive web development experience in JAVA
- Reasonable knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Excellent knowledge of Design pattern and best practices for coding styles, standard naming conventions, security, etc.
- Good Understanding of Agile Web development using Java, Spring, Hibernate and SQL.
- Good communication skills
- Team Player and is flexible
- Good knowledge of Databases (RDBMS, noSQL)
- Knowledge of AWS will be a plus
- Good proficiency in J2EE (e.g. Web Services, JSPs, EJBs, JTA, JPA) will be a plus
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you
…are intellectually smart and curious
…have the passion for and take pride in your work
…deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
…have a no-frills attitude
…are a collaborative team player
…are ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and solutions that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. Not only will your work reach millions of users world-wide, you will also be rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us ... we're having a ball!
Powered by JazzHR