Background and Objectives :
USAID / Pakistan awarded the Louis Berger Group (LBG) with a three (3) year Punjab Youth Workforce Development Project (PYWD) to work with at-
risk youth in Multan, Lodhran, Muzaffargarh and Bahawalpur to secure gainful employment and play a positive role in their communities.
The Program will facilitate employment opportunities for 10,000 youth (of which 35% will be women) through implementation of following activities : a) proactive community engagements to mobilize at-
risk youth; b) institutional capacity building and re-tooling of over 22 public / private vocational training providers; c) co-
opting of prospective potential private sector employers for trainee placement; d) career counseling services; as well as e) providing access to finance for youth entrepreneurs.
Assist and underpin program responsibilities to strengthen and expand project’s opportunities related to training, youth career counseling and job placements.
Secondly, to develop close coordination with TVET sector public / private institutions, facilitate teams in developing and exploring new opportunities, develop concept papers and proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Project planning, budgeting and supporting effective implementation of PYWD project activities.
2. Conduct meetings & discussions with stakeholders through project component teams to identify potential areas for interventions.
3. Manage the project’s Career Counseling component in linking trained youth to relevant employers and industry.
4. Managing partnerships with National and provincial level government / private sector organizations hosting web portals which link trained youth to industry and employers.
5. Manage the establishment of career counseling centers within TVET institutes.
6. Conduct primary and secondary research related to TVET sector in Punjab, especially South Punjab
7. Support implementation and operationalization of approved work plans and strategies of PYWD project.
8. Support teams in periodic data collection and generate various analysis for ensuring continuous feedback to the M&E team.
9. Prepare high-level project performance reports for presentation to government and donor.
10. Support the Chief of Party and component / team leads in developing concept papers, work plans, strategies and events.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience :
Please note that we reserve the right to cancel one or all applications. This position will be on rolling basis and remain open until the position is filled with suitable candidate.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in its workforce. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, culture and experience.
Females are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.