1. JOB PURPOSEThe job holder is responsible for providing the highest level of service to customers in the Economy cabin so that they enjoy the World’s best inflight experience.
They will ensure standards of safety, emergency and security practices are provided in line with corporate and civil aviation rules and regulations.
2. JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVE AREAS (MAXIMUM OF 10)1. Before each flight, thoroughly prepare by updating self with onboard updates and communications to ensure that all elements of safety and service are consistently delivered on every flight.
2. Welcome customers with a smile during boarding, greet by name where possible, assist them to their seats and help them with their baggage.
Personally introduce self to customers in the assigned area. Ensure customers are familiar with the seat functionality and IFE system.
3. Create a warm, friendly and Customer Service oriented atmosphere during the flight. Maintain cabin presence by being visible and available in the cabin throughout the flight.
Create opportunities to make a difference to the customers’ experience by canvassing and anticipating their needs at all times during the flight.
Identify opportunities to demonstrate the Service Personality through being considerate, personal and thorough.4. Respond to call bells promptly and attend to customers’ needs in an efficient and friendly manner.
If their requirements cannot be met, an explanation must be given and an alternative offered.5. Pay special attention to High Value customers and those with special needs such as mothers with infants and elderly customers.
6. Ensure customers’ safety and comfort throughout the flight by maintaining a clean cabin, keeping working areas tidy and by constant monitoring, tidying and replenishment of the toilets.
7. Provide information and clarification to customers of known delays, diversions or disruptions.8. Act as a brand ambassador by displaying immaculate image and uniform standards.
Demonstrate a positive and professional image with appropriate conduct and behaviour at all times.9. Contribute as an active and supportive team member.
Take direction from the SFS / Purser, support decisions and act in accordance with the chain of command. Be prepared to work out of grade at any given time and proactively volunteer to assist in other cabins whenever necessary.
10. Actively promote Duty Free sales to customers,support the duty free operator and, if required, conduct the duty free service.
Ensure sales comply with company policies and regulations.3. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLSQualifications : 12 yrs schooling or equivalentExperience : Previous experience in a customer service environment is an advantage.
Languages : Fluency in spoken and written English is essential. The ability to speak other languages is an advantage.Safety Critical Role : Yes4.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES (MAXIMUM OF 6) Customer Service Professional Behaviours Teamwork Professional Image