Education degree : MBA in Supply Chain Functional Competency : SAP / Ariba / MS Office / Others software
To provide such assistance, an individual is required with sound academic background in engineering and / or business administration, and practical experience in procurement of material and equipment from overseas sources.
This position is designed to facilitate Plant Engineers and Warehouse to explore all possible foreign efficient sources, and provide all necessary support to ensure smooth & cost effective procurement.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Ensure Local / Foreign procurement process / controls as per guidelines stated in Purchase Manual.
2. Ensure timely and economical import of material with due regard to delivery terms.
3. Ensure that equipment / material ordered with clear & most suitable Customs classifications or HS codes to avoid dispute at the time of Custom Clearance.
4. Ensure preparation of intact irrevocable Letter of Credit and other banking instruments, with all standard terms clearly addressed to avoid ambiguities resulting in shipment delays.
5. Obtain necessary permissions from SBP and other Government Offices for the imports permissions for special material, lubricants & chemicals not manufactured in Pakistan.
6. Obtain necessary permissions from SBP for export cum re-import of goods for repairs not manufactured in Pakistan and Repair jobs where applicable.
7. Overcome custom objections and correct HS coding of material, to avoid excessive duty and taxes at the time of clearance.
8. Attend hearing at Customs to resolve the cases related to Concessionary Duties, Valuation, etc. of Plant-I and II. Deal with Customs authorities to obtain refund related to excess duties paid (if any) and Custom's PD Account.
9. Supervise and handle the entire Banking process of Foreign Purchase orders for different imports including plant, machinery, equipment, materials and spares for both plants.
10. Supervise and handle the expedition of shipments of all Open Foreign Purchase Orders related to both Plant Stock / Direct Charge / CAPEX, and the corresponding logistics.
11. Ensure that KPIs of Imports & Shipping related to foreign stock items are met.
12. Supervise and handle timely Customs Clearance of all Foreign consignments
13. Supervise and handle the Inland Transportation and related logistics of Foreign / Local consignment to DHK
14. Supervise and handle the resolution and closure of all Rejection (MER) cases of Foreign purchase items related to both Plant, and the corresponding Export Cum Re-Import cases
15. Responsible for supervising, obtaining and managing savings at all stages of supply chain, including, Freight, Customs Clearance, Inland Transportation, and other areas
16.Supervise and handle Import operations of all both Plant Foreign requirements and related to Turnaround (plant shutdown) with special focus and priority, with Biweekly Reporting to DHK near the months of the Turnaround
17.Supervise and conduct the annual scanning & digitization exercise of Closed PO files related to Foreign Purchase
18.Establish any contracts related to services as part of any stage of the import process (including logistics, warehouse storage, and customs clearance).
19. Understand roles and responsibilities as highlighted in BCP Manual and play his / her part well in case of any disaster
20. Handle internal & external audit(s).