Enabling Amazon’s explosive growth requires top talent in our Finance Technology (FinTech) organization. FinTech is seeking a Software Development Engineer to be a part of Payment Request team.
At FinTech we ingest millions of transactions and pay out billions of dollars to our vendors. We build the technology to record payable transactions in our payments systems for payments and accounting purpose.
We register payment requests from Amazon's retail, transportation, digital and corp AP systems. We ensure that inbound payment requests contain valid data, to process for payment accurately and on time.
We provide services to validate payable transactions for all of Amazon's vendors before making payments. Our services apply taxes, perform checks to prevent duplicate payments, and other regulatory compliance inspections to assure accurate and timely payments to our vendors.
We put controller ship, compliance as a critical tenant in all the software we build and operate. We work with business teams to identify fraud opportunities and design controls to remediate the risk.
We spot suspicious payment activities and flag them for further review. As a software engineer in Payment Request team you need to have high situational awareness, attention to detail and agility.
The solutions you develop must scale for millions of transactions and also be highly secure since we deal with personally identifiable information.
As part of this role you will also be responsible for building the next generation systems to ingest, process and ensure invoice are ready for payment on time.
You will ensure highest controller ship while also delight customers by learning from the user feedback.
We are looking for candidates with
1. 2+ years of industry experience and an engineering degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
2. Flare to innovate with experience in Scala, Java or any object oriented programming language.
3. Demonstrated experience in SQL and data modelling in relational databases
4. Problem solving skills
5. Knowledge on data structures and algorithms
6. Good understanding of object oriented design and concept
7. Ability to build and maintain websites
Key job responsibilities
1. Build new software to ingest >1MM payable invoices per day from vendors into Amazon ecosystem and pay them on time with >99.99 accuracy.
2. Leverage the latest technology in AWS to build scalable distributed systems
3. Build fault tolerant software that is resilient to failures
A day in the life
1. Responsible for all aspects of product development including plan, design, code, test case preparation and deployment.
2. Raise the bar for coding by performing peer code reviews
3. Build scalable and distributed systems that can scale to upwards of 20MM transactions per month.
4. Mentoring junior team members and participating in hiring events
5. Improve operational readiness of existing software and refactor as needed
6. Collaborate with partner teams and customers
7. Participate in design review meeting's and contribute to the overall design practices.