WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis.
We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title : Business Support Assistant (Port Operations)
Grade : SC-4
Type of contract : Service Contract
Duration : 6 Months
Duty Station : Karachi
Vacancy Number : 173081
Date of Publication : 12th September, 2022
Deadline of Application : 25th September , 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals only.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
Remote work if applicable or / FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions .
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education. University degree in Administration, Management, Supply Chain or related field is desirable.
Language : English
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience : Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Minimum 4 years of experience in warehousing and / or port operations
Working Experience with UN or INGOs is desirable
Knowledge & Skills :
These positions will be based at Karachi port, Sindh
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities.
They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
N / A
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination.
All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.