The ENTERTAINER is a leading digital company whose main goal is to add value to consumers by bringing them the best incentive offers globally. We are a data-driven, 100% digital, tech company. Providing first-rate offers across renowned dining, leisure, entertainment and hotel brands worldwide, the ENTERTAINER has grown with the aim of creating unbeatable value and loyalty everywhere we go.
We believe that “experience is everything”, resulting in our passion for creating unforgettable experiences for both our customers, partners and employees.
The E-business Team’s mission is to build simple, user-friendly digital experiences that delight the millions who use our products. The team’s responsibilities include product innovation, engineering, infrastructure, project delivery, data, IT & Ops. We work in an agile, fast-paced environment and align closely with teams across the business to identify, build, and support the best possible solution for our users. We’re passionate, curious, a bit intense, and a lot of fun. All at the same time.
The Big Data Cloud Engineer will be…
Guide strategic customers as they implement transformational big data projects, including end-to-end development and deployment of industry-leading big data and AI applications Use your expertise in data engineering best practices to guide customers to do the same, through building proofs of concept and prototypes, architecting solutions and even pair-programming with customer teams Build, and validate migration of workloads from 3rd party databases and data platforms to Apache Spark Coordinate with Account Executives, Customer Success Engineers and Solution Architects for expanding the use of Databricks platform within strategic enterprise customers weekly.
You’ll enjoy and succeed in this job if….
- You have good problem-solving skills
- You have good analytical skills
- You have attention to detail
- You have good customer service skills
- You can work independently and are comfortable with deadlines
- You love to work in data driven company
Essential Skills and Experience required:
- Deep hands-on expertise in Apache Spark (Scala or Python)
- 5+ years of experience in Design and implementation of Big Data technologies (Apache Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, Apache Kafka, NoSQL databases) and familiarity with data architecture patterns (data warehouse, data lake, event hub, delta lake, streaming, Lambda/Kappa architecture)
- Overall 7+ years of experience working as either: Data Engineer/Big Data Engineer.
- Query tuning, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and debugging Spark and other big data solutions.
- Experience in SQL database administration, AWS Aurora, mySQL database
- Familiarity with a full range of data engineering and basic data science approaches, covering theoretical best practices and the technical applications of these methods.
- Experience in building and deploying a range of data engineering pipelines into production, including using automation best practices for CI/CD
- Familiarity with databases and analytics technologies in the industry including Data Warehousing/ETL, Relational Databases, or MPP Experience with performance tuning, troubleshooting, and debugging SparkTM and other big data solutions
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Also have knowledge of software versioning control like Git, TFS etc.
Powered by JazzHR