JCPenney Purchasing Corporation Position Description Position : S42 - SENIOR FABRIC MERCHANDISER Comp % : 0 Date : 11 / 10 / 11Basic Functions : Provides sourcing support assistance to assigned lines within designated market through contract process execution, supplier profile / market intelligence updates and specific source maintenance / follow-up, as requested.
Work independently with head office / other buying officePrincipal Responsibilities : 1. Assists in the development of appropriate sourcing opportunities for assigned lines by providing thorough, up-to-date supplier history / capability research, as required.
2. Assists with operational support for contract merchandise, overseeing, implementing and monitoring office procedures for samples, Quality Assurance checks, documentation, supplier-buyer / customer communication, shipments and payments.
3. Assists in customer relations support for assigned lines by providing responsive communications as required, and by providing background analysis for the development of supplier / staff profiles and market updates.
history / capability research, as required.
4. Assists in market research activities for assignment lines by maintaining Buyer / customer merchandiser "libraries" for fabrics, findings, etc.
as required, and by assisting in the development of other specific research reports / tools, as required.
5. Assists in collecting market intelligence for JCPPC customers through the monitoring of market quota conditions and the investigation of competitor activities as necessary, contributing on-going analyses of business / quota situations and trends, as directed.
6. Supports smooth, efficient and effective Buyer / customer visits by assisting with trip planning and supplier meetings, by providing costing analyses, as required, and by managing operational follow up activities and requests.
7. Supports the negotiation process by providing cost comparison, delivery estimates, mill status, and any other pertinent information, as required.
8. Handles special projects / assignments as assigned.
9. Travel as required to textile mills and garment factory.Scope Data : Reports To : Fabric Manager
Supervises : N / A
Operating Budget : N / A
Direct Import Volume : N / A
Landed CostKnowledge & Skills : Education : College degree or equivalent business experience.
Experience : 2 - 4 years relevant experience
Specialized : Proficiency in English language, both written and spokenRecommendations : N / AKey Relationships : 1. Fabric Manager, Fabric Sourincg & Technology Director
2. Works with Sourcing Managers & Product Development Team, Merchandiser Manager & Sr. Merchandisers as appropriate.
3. Ongoing communication with Assistant Merchandisers, Merchandisers and the FBO Sr. Merchandisers / Apparel.
4. Maintains effective working relationship with the Mill Representatives.Key Challenges : 1. Assures timely, accurate flow of paper process
2. Timely review of production / shipment schedules to ensure compliance.Decision Making : N / A