Business Support Assistant (Programme) G4
Organization : UN WFP - World Food Programme
Grade : Administrative support, Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
Occupational Groups : Administrative support
Operations and Administrations
Project and Programme Management
Sustainable Business Development
Sustainable trade and development
Closing Date : 2019-09-15
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in Country Office (CO) Islamabad, Pakistan and reports to SO Manager. At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision.
Job holder is expected to produce organized and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. The job holder may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by technical or university courses preferably in Management Sciences, Finance, Accounting
Experience : Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills :
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English and Urdu.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications is 15 September 2019.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV / AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.