The programme Associate-Social Mobilization is responsible for creation and support of social mobilization plans including dissemination of Social Behavior Change communication messages, and beneficiary outreach, working closely with other Project Management Unit staff, in particularly close collaboration with the Communication Specialist.
He / She will report to the Project Manager PMU.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide specialized project management support to specific and / or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends / issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and / or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
8. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
9. Oversee and / or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ensure the overall management and supervision of activities regarding social mobilization, and SBCC, and social mapping for target identification and planning are well maintained as per required parameters.
Ensure that social mobilization workplans are made at FC level and the implementation of identified activities with well-defined roles and responsibilities.
Support in development of the SBCC messages aligned with EHSAAS Nashonuma Programme and SBCC strategy
Facilitate and supervise the implementation of social mobilization and outreach campaigns for beneficiaries’ identification, follow ups and dissemination of messages related to project objectives.
Ensure and coordinate with Provincial offices for engagement of LHWs / LHS through DOH and other actors / counterparts to improve referral mechanism and SBCC.
Initiate and guide Provincial Offices for community level awareness and sensitization activities i.e. formation of mother support groups, Benazir Income Support Beneficiaries committees (BBCs), cooking demonstration etc.
Work closely with the implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure that the local structures identified around social mobilization and beneficiary outreach are strengthened and maintained as per program objectives and the Operations Manual.
Ensure that field staff is well versed with social mobilization and SBCC strategy for implementation at ground level through required training, mentoring and filed visits.
Identify any inconsistencies in the implementation of social mobilization process and provide corrective measures; and
Document lessons learned on the Outreach and Communication Strategy implementation and suggest improvements in the strategy.
Other duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives : Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
Be a force for positive change : Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
Make the mission inspiring to our team : Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions : Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people's skills : Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
Create an inclusive culture : Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback : Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
Create an I will / We will spirit : Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions : Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
Focus on getting results : Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
Make commitments and make good on commitments : Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
Be Decisive : Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
Connect and share across WFP units : Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
Build strong external partnerships : Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
Be politically agile & adaptable : Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships : Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers) Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
Emergency Programming Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w / Government Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Minimum experience of 5 years in public and / or private sector with provincial / national / international organization(s) demonstrating evidence of social mobilization, Behavior change communication and / or beneficiary outreach at the strategic and field level.
Should have hands on experience of developing and implementing Behavior change communication and social mobilization strategies for the field operations.
Should have working knowledge of using / contextualizing PRA tools for social mobilization and Social Behavior change communication,
Should have excellent command on MS office.
Strong familiarity with the provincial context, including different tiers of government and donor agencies operating in Social Protection.
Written and oral fluency in Urdu, and English.
Proven ability to work in a collaborative, multi-tier team environment; and Good communication, people management, and writing skills.
Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.