JCPenney Purchasing Corporation Position Description Position : Q48 - QUALITY ENGINEER Comp % : 0 Date : 04 / 13 / 15Basic Functions : In alignment with the corporate quality strategies to maintain the quality of JCPPCC products through successful and timely execution of all designated responsibilitiesPrincipal Responsibilities : 1.
JCPPC Product Quality Monitoring : advise and guide factories on quality standards of the JCPPC products within the supply base.
2. Actively use quality metrics (Audit Data Summary, other metrics and statistics to still be defined, etc.) to drive continuous factory improvement programs.
3. Build rapport with all internal and external stakeholders including Merchandising and Suppliers / Factories to drive operational effectiveness.
4. Have a strong knowledge of and be able to apply Risk Management tools to mitigate risk to the company.
5. Actively seek methods and provide ideas to factories to drive continuous improvement.
6. Design and advise on implementation of process improvement programs for production sites.
7. Collect and share best practices across the businessScope Data : Reports to : QA Manager
Supervises : NAKnowledge & Skills : Education : Bachelors Degree or Technical Diploma in a related field of study, or equivalent functional experience.
Experience : Minimum 5 years working experience in quality assurance. Hands on factory experience and familiarity with production execution and planning.
Core Competencies :
1. Sound tecnical knowledge of construction methods and good understanding of factory quality control systes and processes
2. Basic management or project management skills
3. Be able to generate and manage factgory data as needed for factory controlEffective communication and problem-solving skills, including tehnicalcommunication.
4. Ability to build collaborative working relationships with supply chain partners
5. Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written.Recommendations : NAKey Relationships : 1. Factory quality teams
2. Merchandising teamsKey Challenges : NADecision Making : NA