WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis.
We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title : Programme Policy Officer (BISP Nutrition)
Grade : SC-8
Type of contract : Service Contract
Duration : 12 months
Duty Station : Peshawar
Vacancy Number : 173507
Date of Publication : 22 September 2022
Deadline of Application : 5 October 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals only.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance (relevant links).
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Ensure the effective and timely program’s implementation and program field operations and ensure that they are in compliance with the Operations Manual of BISP Nashonuma Project
2. Prepare the detailed activity timelines for the field operations and ensure the timely implementation of each activity
3. Coordinate execution and implementation of field activities with the assistance of service providers and key stakeholders
4. Timely coordinate with Logistics / Supply chain units (weekly and monthly coordinate) to ensure that at least one quarter of RUSF food commodities supplies are available at Provincial warehouse or BISP Nashonuma Facilitation centers for smooth flow of activities.
Timely report the constraints in RUSF supply chain to PMU Country office as well as Project manager BISP
The respective nutrition coordinators (districts level) to be engaged and supervised for specified tasks each month. This includes periodic visits to the districts with the district nutrition Coordinators as well as supporting field missions of donors and WFP management or Media visits
6. Ensure timely submission of BISP Project specific Travel NoCs for WFP Nutrition team, Management in line with planned visits of Donors, management of media.
PPO role is to submit monthly travel plan for access NOCs with Security unit at Provincial Office and follow-up the approval status.
This includes support for NOCs of any incoming missions to province
7. Coordination with Point of Sales (POS) in districts and report any issues relating to Cash from Bank of POS
8. Ensure timely and periodic feedback and reporting on program implementation status to the Unit activity manager KP and Project Director and PMU management.
Ensure proper maintenance of the FCs and report repair and maintenance needs to WFP admin in timely manners
9. Coordination with different stake holders, contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance
10. Identify the program needs in terms of logistics and administration of the enrolment and compliance processes in the field and coordinate with relevant entities to ensure the placement of related support
11. Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
12. Coordinate with the DHQ, THQs, RHCs and BHUs in the district to ensure the smooth and timely implementation of H&N CCT program cycle particularly enrolment and compliance process
13. Arrange the meetings of key stakeholders and service providers at District level to ensure the necessary support for the pilot program is received
14. Any other task assigned by the supervisor
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Advance University degree / Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Project Management economics, development studies, public / business administration, or equivalent.
Preferably with Nutrition qualification / Courses relating to WFP Operations)
Knowledge & Skills :
Languages : English, Urdu, Pashto.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Programme Policy Officer (PPO- SC-8) will be specifically responsible for the effective implementation of the BISP Nashonuma nutrition interventions in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The staff will be reporting to the WFP Provincial Head of Nutrition, and will also be supported by a team of staff responsible for implementation of activities in different districts of the province.
The staff will also closely coordinate with Provincial BISP Focal person (Director Nutrition DOH at KP), the project staff based at the Directorate of Nutrition (Provincial Nutrition coordinator) and the BISP Kifalat Provincial and District focal points as required.
Staff will also support the WFP Nutrition unit for required coordination’s with all relevant stake holders including DOH, NGOs and Other UN agencies as required.
The SC-8 PPO will also support the WFP Engineer and Admin during the renovation process of Facilitation centres (FC) in different districts, ensuring adherence to the require minimal standards for an FC.
The Staff will ensure to streamline the timely data flow from all districts FCs and will analyze the data trends, Food supply chain and Social mobilization component as per required protocols.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination.
All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.