We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Web) who will be responsible for building and implementing new web applications, pages, and sites; their integration and writing powerful client-side/server-side solutions using web-based frameworks.
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is the fastest growing technology company in the region that develops and invests in products and solutions that simplify and improve lives of people world-wide. We aspire to create a technology organization and an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that are recognized as second to none in the world.
- Build new and maintain existing web-based applications
- Must have a good understanding of RESTful APIs services
- Agile web development using cutting edge web technologies and platforms
- Write solid code with excellent unit test coverage
- Deliver solutions with a relentless focus on automation and deployment via Jenkins, Bitbucket pipelines and similar tools
- Providing accurate time and effort estimates
- Working closely with the Team Lead to discuss technical solutions and innovative ideas to those solutions
- Train and develop junior programmers on technical and organizational skills
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Sciences
- 4+ years of proven experience in developing complex applications with backend services
- Experience with MEAN stack
- Good understanding of ORM and RDBMS (e.g. MySql, Postgres)
- Good understanding of OOP and Design Patterns
- Good understanding of HTML/CSS and its frameworks like Bootstrap, Material UI, Ant Design
- Source version control system i.e. Git, BitBucket
- Knowledge of best practices (coding styles, standard naming conventions, reusability, security, etc)
- Code Reviews
Additional Preferred Experience
- Any Backend technology other than NodeJS
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you
…are intellectually smart and curious
…have the passion for and take pride in your work
…deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
…have a no-frills attitude
…are a collaborative team player
…are ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and solutions that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. Not only will your work reach millions of users world-wide, you will also be rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us ... we're having a ball!
Powered by JazzHR