JCPenney Purchasing Corporation Position Description Position : S10 - MERCHANDISE MANAGER Comp % : 5 Date : 05 / 06 / 08Basic Functions : Provides sourcing expertise to assigned lines within designated market.
Principal Responsibilities : 1. Supports the development of appropriate sourcing opportunities for assigned lines.
2. Oversees suppliers 'account' maintenance by close communications with suppliers, providing weekly status updates, and trouble-shooting Quality Assurance and / or communication problems.
3. Supports customer relations for assigned lines by developing effective Buyer / customer rapport, and providing responsive communications.
4. Provides market research activity for assigned lines.Scope Data : Reports To : Divisional Merchandise Manager /
Supervises : Sr. Merchandiser / Merchandiser / Assistant Merchandiser
Operating Budget : N / A
Direct Import Volume : N / AKnowledge & Skills : Education : College degree or equivalent business experience.
Experience : 10 - 12 years of int'l experience
Specialized : Thorough market intelligence and product expertise of assigned lines. Proficiency in English language skills, both written and spoken.
Supervisory training and associate development skills are required.Recommendations : 1. Appropriate supplier sources / new sources.
2. Advises suppliers' production capability and adherence to delivery scheduleKey Relationships : 1. Close working relationship and communication with Sourcing Managers / Buyer / Brand Development Managers, and Quality Assurance Associates.
2. Supplier and or factory management or representatives.Key Challenges : 1. Timely execution of the merchandising process.
2. Strong knowledge of assigned market.Decision Making : 1. Makes daily operation decisions within prescribed limits.
2. Assigns work, setting priorities and balancing workload of reporting associates.