What is Proto?
Proto was founded in 2018 at the National Taiwan University to deliver impactful and effective conversational AI for under-served markets. We’ve grown across four verticals and over ten countries with the support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Omidyar Network, RegTech for Regulators Accelerator, National Research Council of Canada, and the African Development Bank. Clients range from the central banks of the Philippines, Ghana, Rwanda, Zambia, and Côte d’Ivoire, to the leading alternative medicare provider in India, to fast-growing fintechs in Nigeria. Learn more at www.proto.cx.
2021 Africa Digital Financial Inclusion Facility Winner
2020 Alliance for Financial Inclusion Fintech Finalist
2019 Central Banking Fintech & Regtech AI Award Winner
2019 Alliance for Financial Inclusion Fintech Finalist
2019 iGaming Asia Congress Innovation Winner
2018 RegTech for Regulators Accelerator Chatbot Competition Winner
About the Team
Proto’s team is extremely global with 92% BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Colour) and 50% female members working across over ten countries. We’re a remote team of self-starting and entrepreneurial NLP engineers, SaaS sales professionals, and digital nomads. Our management operates established processes for cross-cultural and timezone collaboration while maintaining limited Zoom hours.
Proto’s Accounts department team members have a passion for relationship-building with intrapreneurs within enterprise and government. As a Region Manager, you will be responsible for the qualification-to-proposal stages of the sales process at early-adopting enterprise clients. This effort is assisted with Proto’s deployments at national regulators and relationships with development organizations such as the African Development Bank and BFA Global.
- Experience in B2B SaaS sales;
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Project management for technical software implementations;
- Ability to learn new technology quickly;
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales/customer retention targets;
- High-speed internet connection;
- Video call capability with a high-quality microphone.
- Must be based in French West Africa
- Background in natural language processing and/or computational linguistics;
- Previous experience in SaaS or AI companies;
- Fluency in multiple languages.
- Remote/flexible work. We’ve been remote-first since the start, with a tested process of team collaboration that maximizes productivity.
- Proto gear & allowances. Proto outfits its team with quality swag and offers a WFH program for computer and ergonomic equipment purchases.
- High standards & autonomy. Work with a global team of self-starters doing their best work, led by a management team executing upon an ambitious expansion plan
- Competitive Commission + Country-Aligned Compensation. CAD 2000/month + 2.5 to 10% for your new accounts' first-year licensing fee.
Proto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR