In this role, you will work closely with the product management and the design team to research and determine requirements, articulate user needs, and translate those needs into concepts and elegant interfaces.
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is the fastest growing technology company in the region that develops and invests in products and solutions that simplify and improve lives of people world-wide. We aspire to create a technology organization and an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that are recognized as second to none in the world.
This position will primarily focus on:
- Develop the process or approach for tackling a problem
- Work closely with the product management and lead the design team to research and determine requirements, articulate user needs, and translate those needs into concepts and elegant interface designs.
- Leading a team in collaborating with cross-functional peers
- Drive all cross-functional meetings
- Show a deep understanding of the products and competitors in the solutions.
- Comfortable in solving complex problems
- Lead quantitative and qualitative research
- Design simple and elegant interfaces for complex systems. Refine the details of interaction design to achieve a high level of polish
- Design interfaces that are functional, beautiful, and delightful. Raise the visual design bar in a way that it creates business value
- Use storytelling to communicate your work in an engaging way. Actively help your triad and team alignment
- Communicate effectively with project team and organization leaders to influence their thinking and decisions
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the product as appropriate.
- Delivers impactful solutions that solve customer’s problems and move business metrics
- Growing influence on strategy and vision for their product area
- Consistently take ownership of their product team reaching their business outcomes
- Diverge and converge quickly and effectively
- Be decisive to make progress, not just take action. Drive resolving dependencies with others
- Be hungry for new and deeper insights about customers to deeply understand their needs, make decisions, and increase confidence
- Run and facilitate the meetings with owners, create agendas, action items, and followups
- Eligible for transfer to manager track. Proactively motivate team members by sharing insightful and relevant feedback
Knowledge and Skills
- The candidate should be a team player with good capabilities in User research, Usability testing, Information Architecture, Interaction design, Prototyping, visual design, verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of a variety of design and prototyping tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch and Invision
- Create interactive, shareable prototypes to demonstrate and test a design solution with actual users
- Make the complex clear and concise in writing, listening, and speaking with strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- The candidate has the ability to share the ideas with the industry by writing or talking publicly by doing webinars or public speaking
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS. Understanding of the development frameworks and technologies.
- Hands-on development skills for product ready front-end coding
- A balance of good visual and interaction design skills.
- Candidates should not rely on others for notes or follow-up. The candidate has the ability to prioritize projects, estimate the project or tasks and deliver it on time.
- BS/MS degree in CS or B-Design, or a related field.
- Roughly 4-6 years of experience; contributed to multiple shipped projects
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you
…are intellectually smart and curious
…have the passion for and take pride in your work
…deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
…have a no-frills attitude
…are a collaborative team player
…are ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and solutions that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. Not only will your work reach millions of users world-wide, you will also be rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us ... we're having a ball!
Powered by JazzHR