INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Under the guidance of the DSA and the direct supervision of the LSA for Administration / Transport Supervisor, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to all UNSMS staff, other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of Key Functions :
1. Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of all UNSMS staff, other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
2. Provide support during SUNO visits, perform as the core driver, support UNDSS FSCOs in drafting UNO protection plans, route codes, contingency exercise, and real time visits, conduct training on armored vehicle usage to drivers of agencies.
3. Ensures and assist FSCO / LSA in response to critical incidents involving UNSMS staff members, accompany vehicle during law and order situation the vehicles cannot be left unattended when parked for meetings / other visits outside safe UN compounds.
4. Ensure and maintain a high level of awareness while performing duties in UN Agency assessment missions given the difficulties involved in driving.
5. Ensures the safe operation of the armoured vehicles, understands and employs the correct driving techniques for armoured vehicles, including the armoured buses.
6. Employs evasive driving techniques if the security situation requires and employs convoy driving techniques when required to travel in convoy with other UN vehicles or Law Enforcement escorts.
7. Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel, deliver and collect official mail, deliver the visa requests / Official correspondence to the embassies and ministries documents, meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and custom formalities as required.
8. Provides support to SIOC in acquiring location coordinates for new UN staff members to determine locations of residences for mapping / satellite image system / Warden System.
Be knowledgeable in methods used to verify the location of staff residences and train agencies drivers. In addition to this, could assist in extricating staff and families in the event of emergencies.
9. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
10. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
11. The drivers are to supervise the servicing of the vehicles to ensure that the service was satisfactorily provided by the workshop.
12. Ensures availability of all the required documents / supplies including vehicle insurance, current national driver license, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city / country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
13. Ensures that all official UN vehicles are equipped with in date and correctly maintained Personal Protection Equipment (PPEs), Emergency Trauma Bags (ETBs), Individual First Aid Kits (IFAK), water / rations (as applicable) and telecommunication equipment when travelling in areas with a residual risk of HIGH and / or when recommended in the area SRM.
Ensure all passengers wear seat belts as per UN safety policy / standards.
14. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
15. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness on any discussions which involve UNSMS and its officials while performing driving duties.
16. Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and road worthy.
17. Responsible for safe travel and comfort of passengers.
18. Performs other duties as required or assigned by the CSA / DSA / FSCO / LSA.
The incumbent of the position will uphold the non-discriminatory behavior and ensure that :
IMPACT OF RESULTS :
The key results have an impact on the safe operation and safe driving services to all UNDSS staff, other high-ranking UN officials and visitors
MANAGING DOCUMENTS AND REPORTS
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
Gender Sensitivity :
Displays gender sensitivity and promotes gender equality in all aspects of work
Knowledge of systems for gender mainstreaming and ability to apply to strategic and / or practical situation.
Secondary Education. Valid National Driver’s license.
3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Language Requirements :
Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of
the UN language of the duty station, English.
Please Note :
HEC attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UNDP. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
UNDP has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment (SH) and Sexual Exploitation & Abuse (SEA) .
Contract Duration : 1 year with possibility of extension as per budget availability